Provides training project management services, instructional design, development, and revision of new and existing instructor-led and self-paced learning activities. Develops and delivers train-the-trainer and end-user training programs. Provides instructional design and development leadership and guidance to training material developers. Engages project team and stakeholders to define training program goals and objectives, complete audience analysis, and obtain correct sign-off for final training deliverables. Develops and executes training project plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Training and Development, Education, or related field
- No professional certifications required
- 5 years of experience in training design and development
- Demonstrated experience leading training projects from inception to completion with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience providing instructional design and training implementation support to training project team members
- Strong experience and understanding of instructional design, adult learning principles, and learning methodologies
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated and proven organizational, problem solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly in writing original content and editing legacy materials
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Designs and conducts audience, task, and content needs analyses using structured tools.
- Develops a program structure with well-defined learning objectives aligned with business performance goals.
- Manages multiple training projects simultaneously.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop educational content.
- Provides training project direction and management to the design and development team to accomplish the goals defined by the training project scope and objectives.
- Develops training materials, including facilitator support guides, end user guides, and other learning activities as needed for assigned training projects.
- Facilitates train-the-trainer classes, superuser classes, and/or end-user classes.
- Reviews evaluation data to assess the effectiveness of training programs and implements recommendations for improvements.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.