A Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for administering performance based quality checks across all departments within Academic Services; providing coaching and development opportunities that align with the goals and leadership principles of WGU. Interactions are discovered through monitoring phone calls, processes, chat transcripts, and e-mails, with a focus on service through ownership and professional communication that upholds a high standard of conduct expected of a higher education institution. The QA Specialist is a resource for development and an advocate for success; requiring the ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with managers, trainers, and specialists. This position requires strong attention to detail, collaboration, self-motivation, and superb time management skills. A Quality Assurance Specialist must act as a role model for superior service and professional conduct, and lead by example of what it means to be student obsessed.
Evaluate Interactions and Complete Performance Scorecards
- Conduct extensive research for accuracy and resolution in all systems for related interactions, outreach, processes, and actions.
- Research and collaborate on policy and processes to ensure accurate information was given, and ownership was taken in every interaction.
- Demonstrate attention to detail in all research, focusing on professional communication, tone, and confidence in resolution.
- Ensure every interaction results in a very satisfied experience for both students and staff.
- Collaborate and calibrate with courage and a focus on delivering results.
- Collaborate with team and colleagues on best practices, communication techniques, service standards, and process improvement.
- Calibrate regularly with managers for assigned teams to ensure standards are aligned with department expectations.
- Collaborate with trainers regarding policies and expectations, and provide data-driven trends for training opportunities.
Coaching and Training
- Approach every coaching and training opportunity with the intent to inspire and develop.
- Provide training of the quality assurance program and rubrics to new hire groups.
- Provide individualized coaching that supports the growth and development of each specialist, and their ability to perform at the highest level in their position.
- Provide resources to specialists and managers for obtaining training and clarification on performance expectations, efficiency and productivity in processes, and available outreach for cross-departmental knowledge and collaboration.
- Coach to ensure every interaction results in a very satisfied experience for both students and staff.
Organization and Time Management
- Contribute to the development and accuracy of the QA knowledge base by keeping detailed records of departmental policies and procedures, trends, exceptions, and FAQ information to ensure consistency in scoring and coaching.
- Complete all scorecards and coaching sessions required each week based on the scoring scale and departmental expectations. This will change from week-to-week, and requires tracking and planning on a daily basis.
Trends and Process Improvement
- Proactively identify and report performance and process trends to management; including solution based ideas and recommendations.
- Individualize coaching and recommendations based on weekly trends in specialist performance.
Support the Team Dynamic
- Open and objective in all communication.
- Collaborate and calibrate on a daily basis.
- Flexible and willing to step in and assume additional responsibilities.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Attentive to detail, ensuring accuracy and professionalism in all written and verbal communication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to think outside the box and provide innovative and solution-based ideas independently
- Ability to work independently without supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to approach difficult situations with professionalism and achieve resolution
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly and willingly to change
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of related experience or 4+ years of experience in a customer service, account management, trainer, or leadership role.
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforcepreferred), Sharepoint, and Google Drive.
- Knowledge and application of Word, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint.