Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens is looking for an Account Manager focused on selling the Energy Management Portfolio of products to industrialcontractors, engineering firms, and select end users in the East Region of its IndustrialSales Division. This individual will report to the East Region IndustrialSales Manager for the Totally Integrated Power Team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in power distribution equipment used in Industrial applications. Expertise with a high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage product portfolio such as switchgear and motor control centers, transformers, energy management and automation solutions, as well as a solid working knowledge of how these integrate into one solution to promote a complete Siemens Sm@rt Gear package is required. The Account Manager will also be responsible to sell services that enhance the value proposition of the systems.
This individual will also be responsible to deliver sales growth with an assigned account base and to develop and execute sales strategies for those assigned accounts in coordination with Siemens Global Account Team members and the Siemens Industry automation, drives, and power distribution business units. Prior success working within a matrix organization and across multiple departments to win large, complex power projects is a plus.
The candidate will need to effectively sell at several levels within a customers’ organization including engineering, process control, and purchasing, as well as at all levels of a customer organization - operations, maintenance, plant management, and corporate executives.
Job Family Responsibilities:
- This is a quota based sales role in which the successful candidate will have a proven record of achieving specified business objectives at key accounts.
- Leverages Siemens global reach to influence decisions on projects for delivery to the customer in the US, or purchased by the customer in the US.
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Will be responsible for forming account teams and coordinating team activities while maximizing sales and internal collaboration.
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
- Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Possesses a level of product knowledge that serves as a basis for guiding customer planning and budgeting on both product and electrical system sales.
- Focused on account strategies that assure continued customer loyalty.
- Develops sponsorship with key decision-makers within customer organization.
- Performs leading-edge areas of work for the professional field.
- Proactively addresses potential problems and provides effective solutions in relation to application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, or processes.
- Collaboration and communication with other Siemens sales teams is a must, therefore a proven track record of working in a matrix management environment is required.
- Displays a high level of critical thinking to bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Requires strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements.
- Requires broad knowledge of Company products and proven experience in developing business plans and sales strategies that will influence customers towards a Siemens buying solution.
- Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
- Desire to grow and openness to new ideas within a vertical market focused approach.
- Proficiency with the required processes of the Siemens CRM tool to provide transparency of assigned customer data, project opportunities, and activities to all Siemens business units.
- BS/BA in electricalengineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, where required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be required.
- Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-10 years of industrialelectrical solution selling experience is required. Experience with power distribution equipment such as medium and low voltage switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, and energy automation is preferred.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical/scientific knowledge for area of expertise.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Experience working with client at executive and operations levels is required.
- ElectricalEngineering Background a plus.