As our Process Engineer II, you will support the daily manufacturing engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design and execute experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling and equipment. You’ll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help drive engineering activities for new products. You’ll support prototype development runs and drive commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and maximize efficiencies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree
• 4 additional years' directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of the degree
• 3 years of experience in Process Engineering within a high-volume manufacturing production environment, plastics and/or packaging preferred
• Experience troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires strong knowledge in both electrical and mechanical systems
• Experience or classwork in Design of Experiments and strong statistical skills preferred
• Exposure to Lean manufacturing principles preferred
• Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians.
• Knowledge of plastics processing a plus.
• Process knowledge of injection molding a plus.
• Process knowledge of thermoforming a plus.
• Process knowledge of radio frequency and other plastics welding technologies a plus
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00275285