Managing Business Analyst - SAP Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Consulting
• Experience with xxx team in functional business analysis as well as a delivery role
• Experience with the development of all aspects of the system implementation including, but not limited to, gathering requirements, designing the future state solution, the development objects related to their process scope, as well as supporting testing and post implementation support
• Experience with Architecture, System Design, Configuration, Customization, Integration and Testing, Production Cutover and Support
• Knowledge of integration points and the order in which these must be executed
• Experience working with design, implementation, and support of knowledge management solutions and related technologies for collaborative information sharing
• Experience with gap analysis and strategic roadmap/blueprint development
• Experience with large Full Life Cycle (FLC) project implementation
• Experience with client facing consulting engagements
• Extensive experience within management consulting or consulting services (Big 4 preferred)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong executive presence and ability to interact with CxO level
• Mentors team members in technology, architecture and delivery of applications
• Successful teamwork experience and demonstrated leadership abilities are required
• Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
• Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
• Ability to articulate and present different points-of-views on various technologies
• Time management skills are a must; as well as the ability to be flexible and creative
• Experienced in own area and shares experience with others
• Prioritizes and organizes own work and for others to deliver to agreed deadlines
• Constantly strives to improve processes and practices
• Delivers a clear, well-structured and concise argument to support an opinion
• Considers the big picture when making decisions
• Adapts information/style to the audience and explains difficult issues clearly
• Anticipates potential objections and prepare case accordingly; influences others
• Defines the need for new resources within a business context
• Demonstrates a management style that balances business and people management objectives
• Can delegate to others as required to achieve business goals
• Can give feedback in a balanced manner
• Promotes teamwork, coaches and guides others
• Able to organize development for others
• Anticipate clients needs, investigates the underlying causes and identifies short and long term solutions
• Closes new deals, extensions and ad-hoc service aspects
• Focuses on developing long term partnerships with clients
• Sets and manages the client’s expectations
• Designs and implements changes to processes and methods
• Manages costs and profitability
• Implements efficiency improvements
• Is aware of the cost incurred in making changes and evaluates these against the benefits that would result
• Develops improved documentation methods
• Anticipates internal/external business issues; uses knowledge to focus work and drive improvements
• Is able to use business plans to focus and drive work
• Develops and implements innovations
• Broad knowledge across multiple technology areas
• Applies broad knowledge across multiple technology areas to ensure optimum solutions
• Translates strategy into meaningful financial and business action plans, setting clear aims and objectives
• Actively promotes a global solution • Ensures understanding and commitment from managers
• Is aware of risk
• Undertakes analysis of user and business requirements, with particular regard to their impact on existing systems and environments
• Produce an appropriate business and/or system design.
• Assists in the construction and implementation aspects of delivery.
• Has a (deep) understanding of the business and business processes.
• Knows how business processes are integrated and their dependency upon / relations with ICT applications.
• Configures additional software or sub system components into an existing or proposed system.
• Complies with established processes and procedures (e.g. configuration management), taking into account the specification, capacity and compatibility of existing and new modules to ensure integrity and interoperability.
• Verifies system performance and ensures formal sign off and documentation of successful integration.
• Is able to document current architectures and standards.
• Can develop future-state conceptual architectures.
• Can develop and/or applyarchitecture policy and standards.
• Is capable of acting as a champion for architecture transformation initiatives.
• Is able to evaluate alternative technology solutions.
• Has a detailed understanding and knowledge of architecture.
• Understands the architecture process and the role of the architect.
• Understands the role of stakeholders and requirements.
• Knows how to communicate about architecture.
• Has knowledge of different methods and tools.
• Defines changes.
• Investigates the impact of the changes.
• Plans the changes and ensure conditions are set up for change to occur.
• Communicates clearly about the changes.
• Documents the changes clearly
SAP Project Manager
Project Management Resource to assist in various projects related to technology and service transitions within the Finance IT teams as part of a larger acquisition/divestiture program.
Join the project management team managing restructuring activities related to finance operations initiatives including finance processes and policies, project planning and project progression
Provide project leadership and assistance across planning and deployment, finance and risk management, operations transformation, systems integration, and program development
Coordinate with the existing PM team to ensure that PMO standard toolkits and methodologies are being adopted and maintained
Be familiar with and driving RICEF approach for Interface rationalization and related activities; management and financialreporting
Assist in maintaining, and on occasions creating, program milestones, interdependencies and training and communication plans
Assist in meeting presentations; may lead meetings with stakeholders to move forward key tasks and escalate significant process bottlenecks, anticipated delays and critical path analysis
Manage reporting and resolution of issues, risks and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items
Evaluate organizational readiness in advance of transition events
Assist in managing the approach, tools and processes that will be used to support transition events
Execute key activities within each integration phase; drive meetings and meeting note generation and open items matrix
Interact collaboratively in complex and ever-changing situations, strong communication skills and the ability to solve problems, execute and transfer knowledge
Prefer technical-functional experience with the ability to liaise and interact collaboratively while maintaining strong communication planning and execution skills
Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating large-scale initiatives, particularly merger integration, within accounting and finance operations in large organizations.
Ability to discuss and champion the business case for change to a business audience, and then plan and execute solutions that are of recognizable value to the business
Excellent communications and facilitation skills to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels
Good command of Microsoft office suite of tools, strong experience with MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
Bachelor's degreerequired; PMP certification required
Weekly travel to project location/client site required
Business Analysts enable the transformation and performance improvement of an enterprise or its parts, with respect to people, process and technology, by providing relevant capabilities, assets (human and non-human), processes and tools (from both a technical & functional aspect).
Business Analysts structure, analyze and visualize an enterprise’s current state; design and visualize the future state; and design and guide the change process from current to future state.
Developing sector knowledge is of foremost importance for all Business Analysts. Technical analysts can specialize in ERP, Application Management or Custom Software Development (CSD).
Functional analysts can specialize in Strategy Execution, Business Process Transformation or Change Management.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are a leading analyst who actively contributes to internal knowledge development on a global business level and proactively coaches teams.
You leverage relationships with colleagues, partners and clients to build thought leadership and conceptualize new offerings.
You support or lead bids, operate at director level in major client organizations, and master one or more business/industry domains.
Possible positions could include being a lead Business Process Consultant in process improvements; a lead Business Analyst as Project Lead or the Content/Architecture Lead; or lead Functional Consultant able to advise clients on the implementation of one or more package modules.
Minimum 7 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have level 2 BA and is seeking Level 3 BA.
• Should have experience in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Package Configuration and Change Management
• Should be proficient in Functional Architecture Design and Architecture Knowledge.