Position Core Role:
Assist in the performance of engineering duties such as the planning of manufacturing, and the installation, operation, and maintenance of electrical apparatus.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
•Analyze and evaluate electrical applications/components/system concerns and needs related to manufacturing facilities
•Determine proper measures to resolve concerns and maintain performance
•Support the renovation or upgrade of existing electrical systems or the build of a new system. Conduct PDCA during design and implementation stage
•Support the bidding process and contractor selection for the design and construction phase of a project and present decision to management
•Determine and prioritize project tasks and develop project schedule and timelines to achieve targets and final goals for projects (on time and within budget)
•Review and verify electrical engineering drawings at the various design completion levels. Work with contractors throughout the different phases of a project
•Generate process tracking and control documents for projects. Present and update Facility Department and Plant management on project's progress
•Work on projects at multiple plants ranging from planned electrical equipment upgrades, to installs, to unplanned modifications to help improve equipment efficiency, safety, reliability and delivery
•Identify improvement opportunities for Key Performance Indicators
•Assist with the development of electrical products by studying customer requirements
•Provide support to experienced engineers as needed
•Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related goals as needed
•Complete various checks on the parts, recommend needed changes, complete approved changes
•Work with equipment service technicians to help keep the production areas running and to reduce downtime
•Request repair services as needed
1. Develop schedules to meet business plan and New Model initiatives.
2. Mature and maintain equipment run rate goals.
3. Implement countermeasures to eliminate equipment concerns.
4. Interact with process and maintenance associates.
5. Complete daily equipment summary.
6. Provide technical support for electronic and robotic systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Knowledge of; Electrical engineering and electrical components; Manufacturing knowledge - Process flow and line/Plant layout; Key Performance Indicators; PDCA cycle; Computer programming; Computer software- Microsoft Office & CAD; Knowledge of the bidding process for construction projects
- Skills: Analysis skills; Interpersonal skills; Decision-Making skills; Teamwork skills; Troubleshooting skills; Networking skills; Customer service skills; Presentation skills; Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to: Support projects; Support the creation of a business case; Read CAD drawings, blue prints, and schematics; Support construction for innovation projects
Minimum of 3 months of co-op/internship experience in a manufacturing environment or related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related experience.