CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP (CLA) is seeking a Tax Manager or Director with significant experience to join our growing practice in Peoria, IL.
Our Managers and Directors possess strong engagement management skills, technical skills with an emphasis on operational efficiency. They have a passion for serving clients, leading work teams and ensuring we deliver on the CLA promise for our clients and each other. They are individuals who demonstrate outstanding expertise in an area of specialization and have a solid track record of developing effective client relationships and building effective teams to serve our clients. This path enables individuals to focus more directly on client work, building the client relationship and identifying ways we can bring our full breadth of service capabilities to serve their needs.
- Serve clients in a high impact manner, demonstrating command of their major area of specialization.
- Demonstrate deep technical skills, general industry knowledge, and knowledge of the firm’s capabilities.
- Excel at engagement management and operational excellence, developing standards in these areas for the firm.
- Provide leadership on client engagement, effectively managing the expectations of clients.
- Exhibit strong people management and team building skills.
- Establish leadership authority with team on engagements.
- Work effectively in executing engagement responsibilities.
- Demonstrate personal productivity and maintain high levels of utilization and region profitability by supporting multiple industry and service areas when not working in their respective major areas.
- Understand the firm’s financial model and ensure profitable delivery of engagements.
- Expand technical and professional knowledge through greater exposure to new client situations, regular self-study and formal training opportunities.
- Support business development opportunities as a high ranking expert and expand existing relationships through demonstrating high value and good strategic partnering capabilities.
- Build lasting relationships with clients and subordinate staff.
- 5+ years of tax experience within a Public Accounting or Professional Services firm is required
- Bachelors or masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or other specialty area is required
- CPA is required
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing, and public accounting capabilities to help clients succeed professionally and personally. Our team members are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With more than 5,000 people and 100 U.S. locations, and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. For more information, visit CLAconnect.com. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number 17-1339