Director of Project Management (Self Storage)
The purpose of the Director of Project Management is to direct and support projects, ensuring that they are delivered on time, within budget, and to the customer’s expectations. They oversee the project standards along with the methodology to be used. The majority of the Director of Project Management’s time will be within an office setting , it is important that they are able to use Microsoft Project, Excel & other Microsoft Office programs. They must have outstanding organizational and leadership skills, coupled with an ability to understand the wider picture.
Apart from being experienced, Project Managers should also be commercially-minded professionals who have knowledge of industry best practices. As leaders, it is imperative that they promote in their staff a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and success. This role is responsible for updating the acquisitions, dispositions, and asset management team including the CEO, CFO, and the President. This position works closely with other members of the acquisition team and corporate personnel to evaluate potential investment opportunities, underwrite acquisitions, and monitor the performance of the current portfolio.
Essential Job Functions
- Managing the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Being responsible for all aspects of a project from the design stage through to completion and handover.
- Writing up all project documentation.
- Submitting progress reports to senior managers.
- Setting the standards and methodology to be used in a project.
- Creating a working environment that allows everyone to work to the best of their abilities.
- Taking responsibility of projects through their entire lifecycle.
- Properly scoping a project.
- Managing project budgets.
- Managing project resources.
- Communicating with senior managers to clarify the desired outcome of a project.
- Ensuring that all relevant processes are followed on projects.
- Administering the allocation of jobs and budgets on a project.
- Managing project personnel to achieve project objectives.
- Regularly review and analyze the project scope.
- Managing ownership expectations.
- Identifying project risks.
- Negotiating with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Driving cross-functional project teams.
- Completing all Due Diligence Research
- Assist with the Entitlement Process
- Assist with the Underwriting and Site Research to ensure project is visible
College degree required; major in Business, Finance or Real Estate preferred. 3-5 years of relevant financial and business experience in the self-storage or real estate industry; Strong finance, modeling, analytical and problem-solving skills.