VP, SALES & SERVICE OPERATIONS
Reporting to the SVP of Sales, as the Vice President, Sales and Services Operations you will oversee all aspects of sales operations and sales strategy at Fastly, including compensation planning; capacity modeling; quota setting; and field enablement for all geographies.This role will provide direct counsel to the SVP and Sales Leaders to drive sales rep performance, develop accurate forecasting & pipeline measures, and build strong relationships across sales leadership and related business partners to influence decision making.
- Acts as Chief of Staff for SVP, Sales overseeing Sales and Client Services Planning, Operations, and Enablement
- Acts as Critical Issues/Escalation Manager for the SVP, Sales
- Manages Territory and Quota assignment process including categorization and sizing of accounts
- Allocates headcount based on territory demand and market sizing data
- Designs and writes the Variable Compensation Plan for quota bearing sales reps, sales engineers, sales leadership, and sales development reps
- Manages the Commission Appeal Process; acts as first line of adjudication for appeals
- Partners with Finance and Legal to develop processes to streamline the back-office sales flow
- Partners with Finance to analyze rep effectiveness
- Partners with Product, Marketing, Finance and Legal to create and administer Limited Availability Program for new product sets
- Partners with key stakeholders to assist in the development of Go-To-Market strategies
- Works with SVP, Sales to create Board and Executive level presentations about current and future state of the Sales and Client Services Organization
- Partners with Enterprise Systems to scope and improve Sales focused tools
- Provides strategic sales and deal shaping support to sales on a deal basis
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process and methodology improvement.
- Design new sales coverage models, compensation plans, and incentive structures and operationalize them while balancing growth and ROI.
- Refine the sales management processes, including key performance indicators and dashboards, pipeline management, and account and territory planning.
- Leads , manages and develops the Sales Operations team to deliver effective and accurate sales data and customized sales development programs
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the processes, communication and management of sales performance to promote the scale and growth of the sales organization
- 10+ years of experience in a Leadership role for Sales Ops
- 5+ years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree required: advanced degree preferred
- Experience in developing and administering Sales Compensation plans
- Extremely strong writing and analytical skills
- Experience in some or all of the following areas: Sales operations; territory design and coverage models; sales process design; sales compensation planning; sales force automation (SFA) implementation and management; forecast/pipeline management; sales intelligence; data science, and data analysis.
- Customer-facing skills (strong presenter, comfortable with executive-level audience, able to identify issues/needs through effective questioning)