Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for successful completion of assigned engineering projects and applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and pipeline integrity management practices to all projects assigned.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the company in client meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Prepares integrity management project proposals.
- Establishes and maintains primary contact with clients.
- Prepares schedules to assure projects are on time and within budget projections.
- Determines technical and professional staffing needs; trains, manages, and motivates personnel.
- Establishes and maintains quality and accuracy standards.
- Oversees invoicing and collection of payments from clients for assigned projects.
- Supervises Senior Project Engineers and other engineering staff.
- Works cooperatively with other managers and employees to achieve company's mission.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate shall be a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Minimum ten (10) plus years of experience in pipeline engineering, pipeline operations, or pipeline construction including five plus years regulated pipeline integrity management experience.
- Familiar with all relevant codes and regulations, especially US DOT CFR 49, Part 192 and 195, ASME B31.4, B31.8, B31.8S, NACE SP0502, API 1163 etc
- Familiar with industry practices and permitting requirements for pipeline design, construction, and pipeline assessment techniques/application’s
- Self-motivated, strong initiative, effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership skills needed to supervise and assist the technical work of less experienced engineers and designers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers in an engineering environment, Knowledge of GIS is a plus
- NACE Cathodic Protection Certifications preferred.
- Must demonstrate through experience the ability to interact with multiple client disciplines and successfully execute projects from inception thru completion
- Must have a “can-do” and demonstrate through experience the ability to work independently
- Professional Engineers license preferred.