The Corporate FP&A Manager is a highly visible role responsible for leading the planning and analysis of home office department expenses, allocations to the businesses, as well as global Finance and SG&A cost analysis. A core responsibility is assisting the Company’s senior leaders with understanding their department P&Ls, developing annual budgets, maintaining accurate forecasts, and providing thought leadership to help drive out cost. The role requires a self-starter with a well-rounded skillset, including maturity to interact independently with senior executives and maintain confidentiality, strong analytics, curiosity to investigate variances and accounting treatments, and ability to develop accurate and polished analyses. The role provides an excellent opportunity to interact with the Company’s senior leadership team, work directly with the CFO on ad hoc analysis, and gain a high-level perspective on the company. The Corporate FP&A Manager will report to the Director, Corporate FP&A and have the support of an analyst.
How will you impact WestRock:
· Highly visible role providing financial planning and analysis support to the Company’s senior leadership team and managing the P&L of the Corporate Home Office
· Provide monthly P&Ls to all Home Office leaders and update department forecasts as needed
· Meet with all Home Office leaders, at least once a quarter, to review their department P&L versus budget, validate the latest forecast, and stay abreast on potential changes or restructuring
· Lead the annual planning process for the Home Office, assisting department leaders with completing their budgettemplates, inputting budgets into Hyperion, preparing presentations for the CEO, and developing the methodology to allocate costs to the operating divisions.
· Manage the P&L of all non-allocated Corporate costs, completing a monthly operating review of performance to forecast and bridging year over year cost variances
· Understand and maintain the allocation rules to allocate corporate costs to the business segments
· Develop materials for a quarterly executive review of Home Office costs, so that business presidents can understand and weigh in on decisions impacting their allocated cost levels
· Prepare a quarterly analysis of global SG&A costs, consolidating variance explanations from the business finance teams
· Support the CFO with reporting and analysis to manage global finance costs
· Coordinate with the Hyperion team to maintain department hierarchy and allocation rules
· Support the CFO, VP, and Director with ad hoc analysis as requested
What you need to succeed:
· 5+ years of increasing responsibility and a track record of success in financial planning & analysis or accounting
· Comfort being a direct user of WestRock’s financial systems, including updating forecasts in Hyperion and investigating accounting entries in JD Edwards.
· Strong interpersonal skills and desire and ability to build rapport with senior executives
· Curiosity to investigate variances, dig into accounting treatments, and refine forecast processes
· Proactive, self-starter mentality
· Ability to succinctly summarize complex variance explanations to non-finance Executives
· Ability to step back and sanity check the overall rollup of the department forecasts, ensuring that the result makes sense and is explainable
· Ability to organize and coordinate the annual Home Office budget process, with continuous communication and touchpoints to keep the process on track
· Detail-orientation with the ability to maintain accuracy under time pressure and adjust to shifting priorities
· Ability to develop and rollout polished MS Excel and PowerPoint templates.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Undergrad in finance or accounting, CPA or MBA preferred