The Senior Applications Scientist will be responsible for the development of automated applications on BCI liquid handling equipment in a team environment. The work done by this lab is focused on supporting the Developed Markets Field Applications team by developing, optimizing, implementing, and troubleshooting automated applications. They will use scientific and programming expertise to design and develop automated applications as directly requested by our customers in the sales process as well as processing requests from our existing customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has a good understanding of the scientific method and is able to follow established research procedures and protocols without direct supervision.
- Interacts with project team members, peers and management to establish application development priorities.
- Develops applications with a customer view in mind and provides support to field team members implementing the applications developed in house.
- Develops research plan, designing work flows and procedures. Writes automation programs by interpreting internal and external protocols and performs internal verification of method.
- Identifies and establishes collaborative relationships with customers and the Field Applications Scientist (FAS) to demonstrate the applications developed.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
- Exhibits good oral and written communication skills.
- Interacts, answers queries, and travels to customer sites with or without the FAS to troubleshoot or optimize with key customers when necessary.
Beckman Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields, or MS or BS with 5+ years of recent laboratory experience. Field Applications experience a plus.
- Experience with automated cellular, genomics, protein applications is preferred
- Experience programming and operating automated scientific equipment is preferred.
- Continues to develop depth of knowledge by reading scientific and technical literature, and keeps up with leading trends in the marketplace.
- Problem solving – Solves routine issues; identifies non-routine issues and may take actions to resolve. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards. Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
- Prioritizes work load to manage competing demands.
- Follows all company safety policies & other safety precautions within work area.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Limited travelrequired (10-15%).