Description General Summary: The Senior Systems Architect (SSA) contributes by designing the architecture and implementing complex systems infrastructure plans in the computing environment. The SSA works closely with the CTO and serves as a subject matter expert (SME) providing technical leadership and solutions for the compute, storage area network (SAN), Microsoft, Citrix, and VMWare infrastructure initiatives. Responsible for design, documentation and administration of the end to end compute environment.
• Build and maintain a Cisco based UCS elastic private compute cloud.
• Design, implementation and management of the virtual environment. Design, deploy and maintain virtual infrastructure solutions based on VMWare and HyperV.
• Create, analyze, and manage virtual clusters, alert structures, security groups, permissions, and vm templates.
• Configure and administer SAN and file system management (Zoning, LUN sizing, RAID implementations, volume configuration, data replication, and storage tiering) activities.
• Support daily storage issues and changes including disk space, backup and recovery, monitoring logs.
• Maintain storage aspects of new server integrations, storage allocation, and change management.
• Perform maintenance on servers, hypervisors, disk arrays, switches, directors & appliances to include upgrades and firmware.
• Perform analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of all compute components.
• Perform daily monitoring of the compute environment
• Identify and resolve compute, virtualization and SAN related problems and performance issues.
• Support change requests received for the compute environment.
• Prepare reports on best practices, new technologies, recommend enhancements and configuration changes to improve and optimize the compute environment.
• Document policies and procedures to support the compute environment and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of procedures and policies.
• Interface with users, external vendors, and customers as necessary.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other Information Technology Teams.
• Ability to lead a project team and mentor others via best practices
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required and participates in on-call rotation
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in Information Technology, preferably in a progressive healthcare environment
Knowledge (Strongly Preferred):
• Cisco UCS, MDS and Data Center technologies
• EMC SAN administration - VNX, XIO, FAST, RecoverPoint, and UniSphere
• VMWare ESXi/Vmotion/Virtual Center/HA/DRS/SRM
• Microsoft server 2008/2012 x64
• Citrix/CAG/Presentation Manager/Netscaler/Application Streaming/VMWare Horizon View
• Data protection – Avamar, DD, Veam, Backup Exec (backup and recovery)
• Experience virtualizing high performance Windows systems
• Windows administration (SQL, AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, PKI, networking, etc)
• Antivirus and host based security
• Understanding of enterprise networking in a LAN/WAN environment
• Understanding of data center design (power distribution, cabling, cooling)
• Understanding of high availability, disaster recovery, business continuity, RTO, RPO.
• EMC, Cisco, Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware intermediate to high level certifications a plus
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize own work
Requisition Number 17-0135