Plans and leads small-to-medium projects of low-to-moderate complexity.
This role will support the Innovation team with implementation of Innovation Initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, monitors and leads small-to-medium projects of low-to-moderate complexity from initiation through completion.
- Leads project team while ensuring right talent is assigned at the right time.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the project lifecycle to prepare, analyze and maintain detailed project work plans and schedules using project-planning tools and ERIE guidelines.
- Applies project management best practices around scope, budget, schedule and change control.
- Monitors project health and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource allocations to ensure optimal project performance.
- Prepares and maintains project logs to record risks and issues and monitor resolution of each issue.
- Defines, develops and provides information to drive the decision-making process and support business operations. Summarizes variance between plan and actual progress.
- Develops and delivers presentations to key stakeholders summarizing objectives, deliverables, status and metrics.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas and ensures meeting minutes are prepared.
- Partners on projects of greater complexity to gain broader experience and exposure.
Ability To Maintain Composure
Planning And Organizing
Information Management Skills
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Minimum RequiredEducation Equivalents
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, information systems, project management, or related field and two years related project management experience; or
- Associate's degree in business, finance, information systems, project management, or related field and four years related project management experience; or
- High school diploma or GED and six years related project management experience. Knowledge of project management processes and change management concepts required.
Knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required. Understanding of insurance industry preferred. Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and database software required.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Related insurance certifications preferred.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Lifting 20-50 lbs; Occasional (<20%)
Lifting Over 50 lbs; Rarely
Driving; Occasional (<20%)
Manual Keying/Data Entry; Frequent (50-80%)
Job requisition: 6623