At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
The Senior Audit Manager is primarily responsible for managing assigned personnel in accordance with U.S. Bank Human Resources Policies and CAS Policies, Standards and Guidelines to achieve Audit Plan completion. The Senior Audit Manager is expected to recruit, hire, and develop assigned staff to ensure audit engagements are completed in conformance with CAS Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
1. Managing assigned personnel in accordance with U.S. Bank Human Resources Policies and CAS Policies, Standards and Guidelines. Includes recruiting activities which utilize a variety of assessment tools and tests to assess candidates’ capabilities and competence; providing quarterly feedback and annual performance evaluations for assigned personnel; and establishing and managing development plans for assigned personnel. Also includes addressing performance problems promptly.
2. Supervising Audit Project Managers, Senior Auditors and Staff Auditors in the completion of audit engagements. Includes planning audit engagements; assessing work performed by Audit Project Managers; performing sufficient work paper review to ensure work papers contain relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to CAS Policies, Standards and Guidelines; and drafting AuditReports which communicate audit opinions and audit issues in a timely, clear and concise manner. Also includes monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule and making necessary adjustments.
3. Completing or assisting the Audit Director in Annual Planning. Includes identifying auditable entities and assessing risk within the auditable entities; determining appropriate audit cycles; and determining necessary audit resources and estimated expenses associated with completion of the Annual Audit Plan. Also includes performing continuous monitoring activities and adjusting the Audit Plan when appropriate.
4. Performing other duties as requested by CAS management.
1. Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance, MIS), or equivalent experience
2. Ten or more years of experience in internal auditing or public accounting.
3. Three or more years of managerial experience.
4. CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation. [Note: Experience can be accepted in lieu of certification/advanced degree when hiring individuals without a professional certification at the Audit Senior or higher levels. CAS requires all professional staff members at the Audit Senior and above levels to obtain a professional certification or advanced degree that is applicable to the work performed by CAS.]
1. Proven leadership skills
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
4. Thorough understanding of IIA Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
5. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
6. Relevant Financial Service Industry knowledge (e.g., Lending, Operations, Trust, etc.), including understanding of risk theory, control frameworks, applicable financial services industry trends, laws and regulations; and impact of government legislation and regulation on business.
Compliance / Quality Control
1st - Daytime
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Average Hours Per Week