RTI's Military and Family Risk Behavior Research Program is seeking a PhD Level Military Researcher to develop research related to active duty military and veteran behavioral health (mental health and substance abuse), suicide, sexual assault, hazing, military training, instructor training, and sexual harassment prevention and intervention. The Program conducts contract- and grant-funded work related to risk and protective factors, intervention development and testing, qualitative and formative research, program evaluation, survey and epidemiologic research, and clinical research regarding active duty military, Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC), and veteran health. This position will be located in RTP, NC or Washington, DC. Responsibilities: This position provides leadership and vision to further the development of military research at RTI through performing the followingresponsibilities
- Lead and manage the preparation of grant/contract proposals for new research.
- Lead and manage complex research studies and monitor expenditures.
- Serve as subject matter expert in one or more areas: behavioral health, interpersonal violence, etc.
- Write and disseminate research findings, including reports, briefs, peer-reviewed publications, and research meeting and conference presentations.
- Participate in client meetings, including meetings with active duty military and veteran contacts.
- Assist with mentoring and career development of mid-level researchers.
- Participate in business development activities, including meetings with prospective clients, identifying strategic opportunities in areas of interest, and working with our team to market these opportunities.
- PhD in Public Health, Psychology, Sociology or related area and 6 years' of experience
- A record of funding and successful proposals
- A record of publication
- Subject matter expertise in any combination of the following: active duty military and veteran behavioral health, suicide, and interpersonal violence
- Strong research methodology and proposal-writing skills
- Strong leadership, collaboration, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Experience leading or managing complex tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States