The Biopharmaceutical group within Global Therapeutics Research at Zoetis has the mission and responsibility for identifying and delivering novel biotherapeutics for a diverse array of therapeutic area applications. We are seeking a talented and experienced protein engineer / immunologist to design, construct, and optimize antibody / antigen modifications. The ideal candidate will have some experience in protein engineering, molecular biology, and/or biochemistry to create and evaluate fusion constructs or therapeutic antibodies. The post-doctoral scientist will be expected to design and implement new antibody / antigen optimization strategies for antibody discovery programs.
- This scientist is expected to possess extensive and in-depth technical expertise to support antibody / antigen engineering efforts across projects and within project teams.
- Scientist should have a good understanding of immunology and immunogen design.
- Develop novel techniques to build in/out immunogenicity from biotherapeutic proteins.
- Apply protein engineering techniques to construct therapeutic and antigenic proteins tailored to project needs.
- Provide technical and strategic support for protein/antibody drug discovery and development.
- Work well in a matrix project/organization team environment.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Biochemistry, Immunology, Biology, or related fields with experience and protein / antibody design.
- Familiarity with academic and/or commercial tools used for protein and antibody modeling.
- Detailed understanding of structural/functional and physicochemical properties of antibodies.
- Detailed understanding of the immunology involved for breaking tolerance towards antigenic proteins.
- Protein engineeringexperience including mutagenesis, molecular cloning & biology, protein expression, protein purification.
- Experience in peptide synthesis / design and knowledge of peptide chemistry is a plus.
- Experience working with antibodies / large macromolecules is a plus: biophysical characterization including protein-protein interactions, size-exclusion chromatography, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis, Surface Plasmon Resonance, etc.
- Experience with experimental approaches to epitope mapping is a plus.
- Publications/patents showcasing background and required skill-sets.
- Strong scientific curiosity, ability to generate and consider alternative approaches for technological challenges, strong troubleshooting ability.
Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and significant attention to detail.