As a Consumer Identity TECH DevOps Platform Engineer you will be responsible for coordinating production support activities for systems that handle identification and authentication as well as messaging and communication channels as part of Capital One's digital online servicing capabilities. As an essential member of the team, your responsibilities involve a deep technical understanding of architecture and environments supported.
Responsibilities of a DevOps Platform Engineer Sr. consist of:
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to maintain production environment for Consumer Identity applications.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of
issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our customers
- This position requires you to provide on call support and some after hour work as needed
- Participate in the Agile Devops design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features with focus on release and post-production support.
- Represent production support for the suite of apps in the domain in daily Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
- Learning new skills to build, support and maintain new Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting best practices
- Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to
continuously improve the production environment.
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process
- Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the systems within their portfolio and their infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering, or military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience Production Support experience in Unix/Windows environments
- At least 2 years of databaseexperience with one of the following: Oracle or SQL Server or PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- At least 1 year of experience working with Agile Development Practices
- At least 2 years of experience with web services architecture
- At least 1 year’ experience with Cloud hosting solutions
- At least 1 year’ experience with DevOps tools such as Chef/Jenkins/Ansible/Puppet/Docker
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Certified AWS Architect
- At least 2 years’ experience with ITIL problem management and incident management processes
- At least 2 years' experience with HP monitoring and automation tools such as Sitescope, Diagnostics, Service Manager, Operations Orchestration, or Server Automation
- A least 2 years' experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Extrahop, or Bluestripe
Job ID R35905