- Track shortages and run shortage meetings with procurement team. Track material shortage using Excel for work-orders, Kits, sub-assemblies & whole tool based on bill-of-material or drawings or configuration. Highlight to management critical part shortages that will jeopardize ship schedule.
- Create and release work orders based on bill-of-materials and configuration. Close work orders after sub-assemblies, assemblies and integration are complete.
- Create and release sale orders. Understand system configuration, selection and options for each product.
- Maintain materials, parts and bill of materials, ensuring bill of material supports efficient material flow and is aligned with assembly process.
- Planner must understand manufacturing capacity and allocate as required to meet build plan commitments. Expedites and reschedules open purchase orders to suit production-planning requirements
- Must understand & execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning and other advanced material planning needs
- Must coordinate on daily basis the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, ware-house, production and engineering.
- Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments, according to manufacturing schedules or priorities, and compiles and maintains manual or computerized records
- Effectively communicate and report material status, issues, and highlights
- Prioritize Work Orders and program needs against overall company program needs
- Update Work Orders based on Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Actively involved on material review board (MRB)/purge or part quality rejection process and examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications
- Support and improve New Product Introduction (NPI) material process for development programs and new projects
- As a team player: Own the Big Picture … and do whatever is required to make the company successful
- 10-15years related experience, preferably with large scale machine assembly of printing, solar or semi-conductor type equipment
- Bachelors preferred
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent communication skills and 10-15years of production planning & control, materials planning and logistics experience
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), spreadsheet and production control and work order procedures are required
- Must have experience in rescheduling, canceling, opening and closing work orders per MRP. Reviews work order variances for settling financeaudits & COGS analysis
- Must be experienced in understanding product structures, configurations and bill-of-material and parts specification
- Must of experience in creating metrics for production demands, tracking part shortages, open PO’s, track due dates and inventoryreports
- Strong analytical skills are a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and very tight timelines
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal