Senior Account Manager
Location: Lawrence, KS
The Senior Account Manager’s role is similar to that of Account Manager. While he or she still manages the day-to-day activities of the account, this person’s experience and expertise allows them to provide strategic leadership to the client and the agency internal teams.
Responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The Senior Account Manager ensures the timelines, cost-effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the agency’s work to promote a positive client relationship. He or she interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through the agency on behalf of the clients, participates in the development of strategic plans and is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
- Understands client needs and provide strategic perspective to both clients and internal teams; offers alternative viewpoints with solid rationale when appropriate. Identifies ways to increase exposure and influence with clients.
- Works with clients and internal teams to set realistic expectations, timelines, and budgets.
- Provides proactive communications and responds promptly to client-initiated interaction.
- Oversees projects to ensure deadlines are met within estimate; works with Account Coordinators and Account Managers to document work.
- Maintains positive agency image at all times with clients; handles difficult situations with poise and integrity.
- Provides marketing expertise through a commitment to continuous professional learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent
- Five to seven years of advertising agency or equivalent marketing experience where excellent client/customer service has been critical to job function
- Proficient marketing communications planning and integrated marketing campaign development
- Digital marketing background including digital media campaigns, social media, websites and search
- Experience coordinating program details with internal teams and clients including budget planning, timeline development and performance measurement
- Customer Relationship Marketing experience preferred (print, email, SMS)
- Pet category or pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Must possess superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to delegate, as well as assume responsibilities as assigned by Account Supervisor/Group Account Director