- Provide development, leadership, oversight, advice and guidance to project teams in a capacity as SME for Project Controls activities.
- Develop, own and maintain an integrated project control system encompassing project planning and scheduling, cost estimating, cost control, manpower planning, risk analysis and risk management. This system which will become the Albemarle standard.
- Recruit and supervise a central team to develop the detailed processes and tools required as part of an integrated project controls system.
- Balance the supply and demand for project control personnel (direct staff, contract hire and 3rd Party) across Albemarle’s global project portfolio.
- Maintain liaison with internal procurement, contracts, financial and leadership teams to ensure alignment on corporate strategy and goals.
- Participate in and support internal and 3rd party project assurance and governance activities.
- Development of a suite of project performance measurement reports for project stakeholders.
- Leverage outside services as needed.
- Global travel requirement estimated at 25%
- Minimum of 10 years of project controls experience on capital projects.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration required.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational skills. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must pay close attention to details, follow high standards for accuracy and completeness and accept constructive criticism from coworkers.
- Computer Proficiencies: General skills in MS PowerPoint, word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications are required. Detailed knowledge in project scheduling and cost control software is expected. Knowledge of SAP project systems module would be an advantage.
- Communication Skills: Must have analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.