INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 60,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries. INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
We are currently seeking experienced Project Manager to lead engineering, construction, commissioning, start-up and operational acceptance of varied size and type of projects.
- Custodian of all assigned projects from inception to completion.
- Manage projects per INVISTA PWP as well as all applicable internal and external engineering & construction standards and procedures.
- Provide technical expertise and managerial skill in managing the execution of assigned projects.
- Facilitate and assist with the development and maintaining of project estimates
- Assure compliance with all INVISTA, governmental, and industry standards and procedures in the design, implementation, and execution of all projects.
- Assure that project documentation up to and including the turn-over package is complete, accurate, and stored in accordance with INVISTA procedures.
- Assure that a defined scope of work is complete and that design and implementation fully follows the defined scope of work.
- Create and follow project budgets, schedule and insure the project cost and schedule data is updated in a timely manner.
- Verify compliance with change management procedures in accordance with INVISTA and industry standards.
- Closely monitor project progress during design and construction phases. Assure safety, quality, budget and schedule constraints are fully complied with.
- Maintain open communication with both Operations leads and site Management around project progress and development of gap closure plans to complete projects on time.
- Perform all work in the utmost safe manner, with integrity, humility, and respect of others.
- The Project Manager is accountable for all phases of the project from Front End Loading through to operational acceptance post startup.
This will include:
- Establishing and maintaining the team's focus, aligning project strategy, execution approach and associated risk with business and operations key drivers.
- Overseeing project safety, quality and installation requirements while executing work in accordance with INVISTA policies, procedures, and systems.
- Maintaining active communication interfaces with leadership for progress, commitments, and change management.
Project Team Effectiveness Project Preparation and Authorization Project Execution Commissioning Start-Up & Commercialization Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Engineering related field, or equivalent military experience / applicable military degree
- 3+ years of experience with projects in Process Industry sectors
- Project Management experience leading capital projects while working across all project phases from FEL to field construction and project start-up.
- 3+ years’ Experience working in Petrochemical/Chemical or Refinery industry
Experience and Skills Preferred:
- 5+ years’ Experience with projects in operating facilities
- 3+ years’ Experience in projects with supervisor experience of Project Managers
- PMP Certification preferred