PSM Managers create real value by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated, facility H&S strategies are consistent with company H&S and Chemical Process Safety (PSM) visions and strategies, effective and sustainable management systems are developed and implemented. PSM Managers drive safety excellence and performance improvement through culture change by coaching and developing the facility team. This position reports to the Facility Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related technical field degree.
- Five (5) or more years working experience in an industrial setting (chemicalpreferred).
- CSP or CIH, or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification.
- Experience leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems is a plus.
- Communicating company and division Health & Safety and PSM vision, expectations, strategies, and initiatives to assigned facility personnel
- Ensuring the facility has prioritized (risk-based), actionable strategies and that effective metrics are utilized to monitor progress and performance
- Challenging and coaching facility personnel on current safety culture, commitment, ownership, risk tolerance, practices, and conditions;
- Acting a safety champion, leader and mentor to assure team understanding and buy-in through observation, questioning, and discussion
- Coaching, developing, and evaluating performance of facility personnel identified as compliance standard owners in areas of risk and compliance decision-making, management system development/improvement, and project management
- Developing and using risk assessment methods and tools for anticipating, identifying, and evaluating hazards. Managing and assisting with the mitigation of identified gaps, weaknesses, and improvement opportunities
- Assessing and improving employee ability to identify and manage risk, and to flawlessly execute critical safe work practices
- Managing processes in place to effectively meet compliance requirements
- Facilitating the development and use of effective training, change management, incident investigation, and self-assessment processes
- Coordinating efforts in the PSM program with all capabilities.
- Possessing a working knowledge of OSHA, PSM, and RMP – MOC, PHA, PSI, etc.
- Seeking out and facilitate knowledge sharing opportunities (e.g., risks, best practices, common audit findings, lessons learned); foster peer communication and interaction between groups
- Managing, tracking, and reporting issues, initiatives/projects, incidents, assessments/audits, and safety performance for facility
- Utilizing training and development plans to grow personal H&S knowledge, skills, and ownership
- Demonstrating solid communication (verbal & written), planning and organizational skills
- Possessing strong Interpersonal, leadership, and motivational skills
- Leveraging team building skills and the ability to work within a diverse team
- Working and Leading with an awareness of safety for yourself and others