POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES:
The Commercial Lending Officer is responsible for developing new commercial loan and deposit opportunities through aggressive and effective calling efforts. This position will have C&I, Commercial Real Estate and Depository production and growth goals. Targeted clients will be companies with $5 million to $25 million in annual revenue, Institutions, professional businesses and commercial real estate investors. In addition, this position will have production requirements for merchant banking, credit card and client/prospect employee checking account goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or business management is required.
• Minimum of 8 years of banking experience with at least 5 years of direct business lending experience required.
• Ability to understand financial analysis, formulate appropriate loan structure and assess risk of complex companies and lending institutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primarily focused on new business development by sourcing, developing and documenting calls on prospective customers and referral sources.
• Negotiate and structure new loan terms and also manage renewal opportunities.
• Work closely with Treasury Management to identify and structure depository opportunities.
• Management of portfolio delinquencies within assigned and/or developed portfolio.
• Work closely with associates with Merchant Services and Credit Card to develop opportunities.
• Be involved in the community through volunteerism on civic and non-profit boards.
• If needed, assist banking center officers on a potential sales opportunity.
• Support the collection of past due loans.
• Obtain annual financial statements for commercial credit analyst’s evaluation.
• Respond to referrals from Executive Management and Directors of the Bank, and the company and others.
• Maintain and enhance the relationships with the Bank's clients and referral sources.
• Monitor new developments in lending, compliance with loan policies and compliance with appropriate regulations.
• As needed, train and support less experienced loan officers involved in the development of commercial loan and deposit relationships.
• Effectively manage existing loan relationships and cross-sell all other bank products and services.
• Support any and all internal or external audit function as it relates to commercial loan activity.
• Share suggestions to improve the overall commercial lending initiative.
• Support all other departments of the Bank and maintain a cooperative and professional relationship with all bank associates.
• Willingly performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients, prospects and senior management to meet financial investment objectives and/or resolve problems or complaints.
• Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency.
• Must be self-motivated and also work in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to recommend practical ways using innovation, good judgment, creativity, and strategic thinking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.