The Risk Monitoring and Fraud Supervisor will support the development, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate oversight and governance mechanisms aligned to risk objectives and regulatory risk of the Risk Management department. Focus areas will include merchant risk review, identification of high risk processing activity, fraud investigations, anti-money laundering controls, risk mitigating actions, third party oversight, PCI/card association compliance, data protection standards, and otherrisk/compliance considerations as appropriate. Additionally, the position will be responsible for identifying emerging areas of concern, potential market and industry risks, partnering with stakeholders to develop corresponding action plans, and driving those objectives to resolution.
The position provides significant contributions to the development, implementation and enforcement of risk policies, procedures, and programs designed to minimize financial, fraud, regulatory and compliance risk within the established strategies of the Risk Management department and the Company. The position interacts with multiple levels of management in assigned areas, implementing policies and work standards to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead and manage team of risk analysts responsible for monitoring and investigating the processing activity of the existing merchant portfolio;
- Ensure consistency in verifying information and supporting documentation provided by merchants is accurate and complete throughout the investigation process;
- Effectively address high risk processing activity and take appropriate steps to mitigate the financial exposure of the company;
- Review and understand information provided within personal and business credit reports to make appropriate credit decisions for existing merchants;
- Identify potential fraudulent activity of merchants, and investigate risk concerns in an effective and professional manner;
- Identify potential money laundering and transaction laundering activity of merchants, investigate and mitigate risk concerns, and file appropriate reports with regulatory agencies;
- Monitor e-commerce merchants to ensure compliance with risk requirements based on website content, products and services provided merchants;
- File Suspicious Activity Reports, as needed;
- Effectively make decisions or recommendations for existing merchants that may not fall within the Risk policies and standards, when applicable;
- Ability to effectively communicate with merchants regarding their processing activity, and to obtain information and documentation needed to make appropriate decisions regarding continued processing;
- Make decisions and provide recommendations for continued processing, including changes in collateral, special conditions or termination of existing merchants consistent with risk objectives;
- Periodically review existing companies within the merchant portfolio, including higher risk industries, to ensure their continued compliance with risk guidelines, processing expectations, financial exposure, and overall risk standards;
- Communicate decisions effectively, both verbal and written, to all levels within the organization;
- Develop and lead a highly engaged team of analysts driven to meet and exceed Risk Management goals and corporate objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice or other equivalent experience and education.
Minimum 4 years of experience in related field.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Previous knowledge of credit card processing industry required;
- Ability to accurately read and interpret both personal and business credit reports;
- Merchant monitoring experience in acquiring industry highly preferred;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Highly effective time management and organizational skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to make decisions independently and work well as part of a team;
- Strong internal and external customer service skills;
- Strong people leadership capabilities required;
- Working knowledge of Windows applications including Outlook, Excel and Word and General PC knowledge;
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities;
- Ability to accurately represent facts, offer solutions, identify concerns, resolve issues and support decisions;
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and teamwork skills required. Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds, maintain cordial and effective relationships with coworkers, and effectively engage with other business contacts.
Job ID 2017-5617