EDH - SR. Consultant
8 - 10 years experience • Business Services
Responsible for assisting clients in meeting their organizational goals and objectives. Consultants will work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team. Recognized as subject matter expert in company software applications, workflows, and best practices, Provide support for process improvement, business/clinical transformation efforts, and other initiatives.
Work with Population Health, Analytics, Patient Centered Medical Home, Accountable Care Organizations, or other disciplines supporting healthcare reform.
- Understand the forces shaping healthcare delivery including but not limited to the HITECH and MACRA legislation and related programs and regulations
- Render consulting services at client sites, corporate offices, and remotely.
- Uses change leadership skills to assist client throughout consulting engagements.
- Work with NextGen team members and client stakeholders in the pre-sale discovery phase to help identify client objectives and associated scope for consulting services, determine proposed scope of consulting engagements.
- Develop client deliverables as documented in contract scope of work (i.e., project plan, current state assessment, readiness assessment, rollout roadmaps, final reports, etc).
- Provide consultative advice, recommendations, and solutions reflective of best practice processes and workflows
- Document all client interactions including telephone calls, client sessions, e-mail, etc. This data is used to determine next steps and/or by Project Manager/Coordinator or Management to resolve client issues/ requests.
- Provide consultative advice, recommendations, suggestions for best practice process and use of product functionality based on expertise utilizing software and real-world experience.
- Provides training to client providers and staff as well as internal resources.
- Assists sales and marketing teams to support product demonstrations, educational/informational sessions, and other client or public outreach efforts.
- Communicates with all levels of the client organization including C-suite, management, clinical staff, physician/provider staff, and information technology resources.
- Documents identified gaps in product functionality using standardized processes.
- Mentor lower level consultants.
- 7 plus years of experience in ambulatory healthcare organization; this may include clinical/patient care, operations or similar
- 5 plus years of experience in health information systems, ambulatory practice management/revenue cycle systems
- NCP Certification in either EHR or PM applications (additional NCP certifications desirable)
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Master's DegreePreferred, Field of Study: MPH, MHA, MBA preferred
- Formal informatics training a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Microsoft Office proficient
NextGen Healthcare believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.