Group Therapist - Senior Clinician
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
Starr Albion Prep is seeking skilled clinical professionals to make a difference in the lives of young people by providing group therapy and shaping the overall treatment direction for the youth in our care.
Starr Albion Prep, a Sequel Youth & Family Services program, is a residential treatment facility serving a diverse population of boys and girls 12-17 on the beautiful campus of Starr Commonwealth in Albion Michigan. We continue the great work that Floyd Starr started over 100 years ago, using strength based group and individual treatment approaches to help struggling youth reach their full potential.
To Be Successful As a Senior Clinician
A successful Senior Clinician must possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, strong relationship building skills, exhibit proficient time management skills, meet designated deadlines, possess proficient clinical writing skills, and be an effective problem solver. Most of all, they must enjoy spending time with young people, developing their strengths and possess the belief that everyone can change.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits after sixty days.
- $2500 annual tuition reimbursement available for those pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences field.
- Company provided Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and AD&D insurance.
- 401(k) after sixty days.
- Earn 1eight days of Paid Time Off over your first year!
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology required.
- Licensed Master's level Social Worker, Counselor or Psychologist preferred.
- Three years of experience working with youth preferred.
- Knowledge/experience in working with juvenile delinquent population.
- Knowledge of group dynamics.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Demonstrated individual and group counseling skills.
- Valid State of Michigan driver’s license and maintaining a driving record that meets Albion Prep’s policy standards
Sequel Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer