DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omni-channel commerce, mobile brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure mobile device, app and data management. The company’s commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices all around the world. The company has been named one of the Top 2014 Workplaces in the Washington DC area by the Washington Post, and has been awarded Inc. Magazine’s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US.
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire an AppDev Journeyman.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user mno problem anuals
Duties and Responbilities:
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- BA/BS AND 6 years comparable experience;
- MA/MS (or Industry Standard Certification)
- 2 years comparable experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience upgrading from:
- Adept 2013 SP 2, Version 22.214.171.124 to current version available (i.e. Adept 2017)
Experience with current architecture:
- Host Servers (Web, App and DB) Operating System: Windows2008 R2
- Database: Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 126.96.36.199
- Adept Server: Adept 2013 SP 2, Version 188.8.131.52, IIS v7.5
- Adept Fat-client: Oracle AutoVue, v20.2.4, CA Tech ArcServ v184.108.40.20609; Adept Client v220.127.116.11. .NET Framework v4
- Web interface: Oracle AutoVue, v20.2.3; .NET Framework v4; Java v8; IIS v7.5, Internet Explorer
Job ID 2017-14455