World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, we work closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 4,000 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE “100 Best Places to Work For®” list for the fifth consecutive year and was awarded #5 on Glassdoor's 2017 Employees' Choice Awards, honoring the Best Place to Work.
World Wide Technology is looking for a Senior Network Administrator to be a part of the Internal IT Department located at its headquarters in St. Louis, MO.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for developing and integrating all network communication requirements for the WWT datacenter supporting our production network.
- This includes (but is not limited to): Routers, switches, hubs, VPN , Wireless Access and Remote Access, Firewalls and networking components along with all software required to configure, operate and manage these devices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of network ecosystems and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, Wireless, QoS, Unified Communications, etc.)
- Design, build and support data networks comprised of Cisco core and edge devices. Provide support for all infrastructure issues related to the network.
- Serve as project lead for network related projects, ensuring that these projects are delivered on time and meet quality expectations.
- Responsible for designing and supporting the production network as it relates to network setup and configuration.
- Communicate clearly and propose new technology and infrastructure solutions to management and peers in a business-like manner.
- Ability to work well with others and collaborate in a fast-paced environment is required. Candidate should be able to balance multiple work streams while prioritizing tasks and keeping stakeholders up to date as required.
- Must be comfortable in interfacing with WWT partners and customers.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Must be able to create documents, spreadsheets, and detailed drawings (preferably in MS Office Suite and Visio)
- Experience in enterprise environments using Cisco Solutions such as: Nexus Product Lines, SIP, Controller Based Wireless, Unified communications and firewalls
- Experiencesupporting an operational LAN/WAN using variety of Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 products
- Provide configuration and troubleshootingsupport for customer incidents related to NetworkSupport.
- Proven troubleshooting skills, the ability to research and develop solutions to problems and provide training for product support.
- Provide support to individuals building software and infrastructure based solutions within WWT’s private cloud
- Familiarly with the concepts of Software DefinedNetworking and virtual switching solutionspreferred
- Scripting capabilities in Python or other related languages is a plus
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related major. Comparable work experience for non-degree candidate will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred accompanied with designated certifications. Candidates should have a desire to gain technical skills through advanced certifications (MCSE/CCNP/CCIE) or other similar achievements.
- Experience in design, setup, and configuration of complex wireless networking
- Excellent written and oral communication experience
- Project management/leadership experience
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite, and friendly manner, both written and verbal
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Minimum 5years of experience in managing enterprise wireless networks
- Minimum 5years network administration experience
- CCIE certification
- Previous experience in maintaining networking components in a data center and remote site environments including experience in networkSecurity