We are in search of our next General Manager (Site President) for the primary operations facility of Our Company. In this role, you will collaborate with the CEO and CFO to lead a team of operational, administrative and inside sales professionals at our 100,-sq. ft. manufacturing facility near Lubbock, Texas. The General Manager will have full accountability for the division P&L. The General Manager will be an experienced leader with a strong commitment to employees and a focus on delivering outstanding results. We expect our leaders to be passionate about problem solving, skilled in team-building, and possess well-developed oral and written communication skills.
This role will appeal to entrepreneurial leaders that are attracted to the opportunity to have a significant impact on a successful company and take it to the next level of performance.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, experience delivering best-in-class service and a passion for nurturing long-term customer and supplier relationships.
About Our Company
Our company specializes in manufacturing commercial farm equipment in the agricultural market. Our established product lines are known for innovation, performance, and rugged durability. The company’s products are marketed through and available via a network of approximately 1,400 independent dealers. More information will be made available to qualified candidates.
Our expectation is to provide customers with unparalleled quality products and customer service. We keep our commitments to customers and to one another. We develop great people, offering talented individuals the chance to advance and succeed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
While the successful candidate can come from a variety of backgrounds, he/she will be a highly effective leader with a solid record of running growing companies:
· The candidate must be a current or former COO, VP/SVP/GM, or Head of a Business Unit with P&L responsibility and a proven ability to deliver exceptional business results.
· Experience in the Agriculture industry strongly preferred
· A dynamic and inspirational leader with a bias for action and a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. Ability to motivate the team and drive them to achieve company objectives.
· Self-confidence and creativity to act quickly and effectively in a highly dynamic market environment.
· Strong vision & deep analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to implement change throughout the organization and move the business forward.
· Great communications skills at all levels of the organization and with customers and suppliers.
· Proven management abilities and delegation skills to enhance efficiency and support development of all teammates.
· The ability to recruit, retain and motivate a high performing team in a highly competitive market.
· Solid financial acumen with the ability to understand and act upon detailed financial information related to all aspects of the business and the impact on revenue/margin goals and cash flow.
· Demonstrated experience or certifications related to process improvements, Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma
· The ability to collaborate closely with the CEO and CFO on both strategic and tactical issues and the maturity to discern between autonomous and shared decisions.
· Management of all day-to-day operations of the facility including revenue and budget management, customer service and staff management. Otherresponsibilities will include scheduling and administration with a strong focus on efficiency and bottom line enhancement.
· Accountable to meet/exceed company goals for revenue generation, profitability and budget standards, employee retention and customer satisfaction
· Ownership of the operating schedule including preparation and presentation to executive management. You will provide weekly forecast updates as well as a timely month-end bridge to explain variances.
· You will develop & execute strategies to address any shortfalls to plan and will have the fortitude to make timely decisions to adjust variable costs commensurate with actual volumes
· Supporting business unit sales growth through a customer-focused growth culture throughout the facility. As the leader of this facility, you will partner with the commercial sales leader and sales representatives for delivery details and other issues related to customer satisfaction.
· Working closely with customers to foster collaboration and world class service and meeting quality and delivery goals
• Creates annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board and are supported by annual operating budgets and metrics; submits annual plans to the board for approval
• Collaborates with the CEO and the board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision
• Stays abreast of current trends related to the organization’s products and services and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on its work
• Develops and monitors strategies to assist the long-term financial viability of the organization.
• Develops future leadership within the organization through mentoring, challenge assignments and effective performance feedback and succession planning to identify and develop future leaders.
2. Management & Operations
• Promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values, supports the highest in ethical behavior, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
• Oversees design, delivery, and quality of customer-focused programs and services
• Providing leadership with direct reports from Manufacturing, Engineering, Finance & Supply Chain
• Design and implement Key Performance Indicators to give a holistic view of company performance. Analyzes KPI results to measure the success of the organization’s program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
• Develop, retain and inspire a talented team and recruit new team members as necessary.
• Evaluates the organization’s and the staff’s performance on a regular basis and provides constructive feedback to support teammate growth and development
• Hires, manages, and terminates the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
3. Financial Management
• Collaborate with finance leadership in developing annual budgets that support operating plans and submits budgets for board approval
• Provides prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position