About the position: Works under general direction of supervisor or senior management. Manages a large, complex site, or network. Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services. Provides technical lead and/or supervises system administrators or others of equivalent seniority.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams for integrating servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Design and perform server and securityaudits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Act as project lead in the design and implementation of new server systems and applications, and gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Ensure system uptime of all servers, shared software, enterprise applications, and Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts, and interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Industry certifications for contemporarytechnologies including Microsoft, VMWare and Citrix and practical application of the technologies in a research, manufacturing and business environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with at least 7 years in a systems engineering role. Additional experience in equivalent systems engineering work may substitute for the degree requirement but will be evaluated in a case-by-case basis.
- Advanced experience in server virtualization, high-availability clusters and disaster recovery planning, system performance tuning, and technology implementation of security and privacy standards for industry and federal regulations including Payment Card Industry and HIPAA
- Working technical knowledge of server programming languages and scripting in a Microsoft and Unix environment, systems integration mechanisms and protocols, network services including DNS and DHCP, authentication systems including certificate services, Kerberos and Radius
- Extensive support experience for enterprise applications including e-mail and messaging, database, virtualization, application delivery systems, security software and monitoring.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft operating systems and/or Unix (Suse, CentOS, RedHat). Specialization in either Microsoft or Unix is acceptable but experience in both is highly desired.
- Working technical knowledge of Storage Area Network, Scale-out Network Attached Storage systems, Tape Libraries and data switches and data center operations.
- Knowledgeable in network switching and routing, firewall and Intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Advanced knowledge in parallel computing systems including High Performance Compute clusters, symmetrical processing systems and other scale-out and scale-up systems.
- Travel and on-call availability is required.
- Tracking Code 6682