The Associate Director of Development reports directly to the Foundation President and is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing comprehensive annual fund raising campaigns reaching all sectors of the community, working with the College of Nursing to develop and implement an annual alumni relations program and for pursuing fund raising strategies, such as prospect research that enhances the long-term financial stability of the Foundation.
Under the general supervision of the Foundation President, develops and directs communications, maintaining internal branding communications tactics and services as a liaison to service lines and departments as directed.
Provides recommendations and support for community relations programs, sponsorship activities, event coordination and e-communication. Coordinates media and public relations activities including story development in line with the organization’s strategic priorities.
A. TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Seven to ten years of development experience with emphasis on annual giving, alumni relations, and data management in a not for profit environment preferred.Demonstrated annual fund and donor cultivation and solicitation expertise.
B. KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS: Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate organizational and management skills needed to lead the fund development function into the future. Effectively integrate initiatives with strategic vision. Strong knowledge base in data base management (Raisers Edge or similar program) and records management. Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment .
C. LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATION: None.
A. RESPONSIBLE TO: Foundation President
B. WORKERS SUPERVISED: None
C. INTER-RELATIONSHIPS: Administrators, Directors, Managers, employees, physicians, physician office staff, visitors, patients, students, community board members, donors, community agencies and vendors.
. Subject to many interruptions
. Subject to some long or irregular hours
. Occasional travel required
. Subject to pressure related to dynamic and fast-paced organizational demands
. Works in a smoke-free environment
. Mostly sedentary work
. Frequent exposure to video terminal display
. Frequent verbal and written communication and considerable telephone usage required.
I. ASSIGNED DUTIES:
1. Develops and implements marketing/communications plan for the Foundation
2. Prepares and organizes content/copy for distribution to targeted audiences using various tactics to include print, electronic, Web and other communication.
3. Works hand-in hand with TRHS and Foundation Staff to insure communication program results.
4. Continuously measures and analyzes results for success and further development.
5. Benchmarks Unity Point Health and other healthcare foundations for new ideas, events, media relations angles and product/process improvements.
6. Serves as liaison for the Foundation to the Marketing and Communications department.
7. Participates in other tasks as directed by the President
B. Media Relations
1. Researches, writes and/or coordinates news releases, articles, public service messages, media appearances and interviews as necessary.
2. Acts as a communication contact for all media.
3. Coordinates Public Relations initiatives designed to develop a positive internal and external image for the Foundation.
1. Coordinates with internal and external staff and resources in order to complete projects on time and as directed.
2. Knows internal and external vendors’ capabilities and contstraints; is fluent in who can provide Trinity with what goods and services can best serve Trinity’s needs. Builds and maintains an excellent working relationship with vendors to ensure that Trinity gets high quality and competitive pricing.
3. Keeps the rest of the team informed, in a timely manner, of all events that may impact their job responsibilities.
4. Keeps the department fed with new ideas; looks for better cost and quality options whenever possible.
5. Is a ready and available source of critique and feedback for the rest of the department.
6. Puts marketing objectives first and personal preferences second.
7. Keeps the flow of work inside the office efficient; helps meet deadlines and whenever possible, helps set realistic work schedules.
8. Responsible for development of and adherence to Foundation budget. Checks and approves invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
D. Position Responsibilities
1. Develop and execute a unified annual campaign strategy that incorporates and maximizes donations from diverse sources including the employee campaign, segmented donor appeals, and other grateful patient calling programs, among others.
2. Work with the College of Nursing to develop and implement an alumni relations program. Assist the College in the planning and implementation of their Alumni Newsletter, Alumni events, and other cultivation and stewardship activities. Identify major and planned gift prospects for cultivation.
3. Lead prospect research initiatives with Data and Gifts Specialist in support of fundraising and campaign objectives
4. Assist with development of major donor stories for e-mail newsletter, website, donor newsletter and other communications.
5. Manage portfolio of high-end annual fund donors.