The Specialist is responsible for achieving Clinical Engineering Solutions financial goals by growing revenue from sales to new accounts and participating in the CES senior leadership team. Accountable for providing regional leadership of the Clinical EngineeringSales activities, including working closely with othersales resources. National Account Representatives, Divisional Sales, Operations and Technical Services Directors, Account Executives as well as internal Finance and Marketing departments to develop and deliver Clinical Engineering (financial and marketing) proposals to Healthcare Facilities.
- Identify and target new account sales opportunities in the region assigned.
- Creates solutions based on prospective client needs and acts as a consultative and trusted resource to senior health care provider executives
- Work closely with 360 on site program sales specialists, local sales representatives (Account Executives) and National Accounts representatives to coordinate selling activities for new accounts.
- Coordinate with corporate and field resources to develop service strategy and pricing for new business proposals.
- Participate in marketing strategy development and creation of marketing plans along with Marketing Department, CES senior management and other UHS personnel.
- Work with local and corporate service delivery resources to plan and execute on new account implementations.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings relating to sales strategy and overall CES business strategy and planning.
- Contribute to service delivery strategy and execution in region relating to attainment of regional profitability goals.
- Provide technical support to corporate and field personnel relating to the operation of the CES business unit.
- Monitor profitability of new accounts through the first year of services.
- Understand primary competitors and leverage knowledge to position and differentiate UHS for success.
Goals and Performance Measures
- Achievement new account sales objectives.
- Attainment of regional profitability objectives.
- Achievement of CES strategic objectives and budgets.
- Client satisfaction with new account implementation.
- Competency level of other UHS sales resources in selling CES offerings.
- Implementation and contribution to CES organizational initiatives.
- Lead, mentor and train team members to achieve performance and developmental goals.
Background and Competency Requirements
- BS, BA Degreerequired (Business degreedesired). MBA preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in medical sales or 10 plus years in multiple fields in medical device industry.
- Seeks to understand the internal/external customer and meet the needs of both the clients and company. Builds strong, mutually productive, supportive customer relationships.
- Works to achieve high levels of personal and organizational performance in order to meet or exceed goals.
- Provides information so that co-workers, prospects, clients and suppliers understand and can take action.
- Finance, Product & Industry Knowledge - Understands and can appropriately apply knowledge of clinical engineering services solutions.
- Demonstrates personal ownership and follow through to get desired results, responds quickly and effectively to changing circumstances and adapts behaviors appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the healthcare industry, including an understanding of hospital operations, alternate care providers, and medical equipment manufacturers.
- Identifies skill development areas and takes the initiative to learn new processes and technologies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Travel up to 80%