Director of Food Service Operations
8 - 10 years experience • Restaurants & Food Services
Partner and Customer Focus, Developing Winning Teams, Seeing the bigger picture, Innovating and Improving and Delivering Results
- Responsible for fan experience in the building
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with guests, subcontractors and Levy Restaurants team members
- Regularly obtains feedback from guests to improve operations
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Creates and executes marketing plan to build sales
- Executes primary relationship with business and key revenue client/partners
- Holds and documents weekly meetings with client/partner with the goal to be informational, fact finding, idea generating and problem solving in an effort to regularly obtain feedback from clients to improve operations
- Acts as a liaison with team, including partner's operational team, Levy team
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Implements cost controls as needed to achieve positive financial results
- Buyoff on weekly/biweekly forecast from Controller
- Owner of location P&L and PBITDAR expectations
- Achieves assigned budget goals
- Oversees completion of required department reports and compiles daily and month end reporting
- Develops budget to deliver profit and service goals, as well as meeting partner expectations
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
- Ensures team members adhere to Levy Restaurants Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Oversees control of all inventories, product cost, cash handling and purchasing
Leadership and Internal Relationship Building
- Uses all performance management tools, including development plans, to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location
- Creates the vision of the location by sharing stories and history with team members, managers, guest and client/partner
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Utilizes new leader transition sessions to ensure success with managers a few months after taking on new roles
- Conducts bi-annual FAP (Feedback and Action Planning) sessions with management team.
- Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities.
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
- A minimum of 8 years Food and Beverage Management experience at a Director of Operations/General Manager level in a sports and entertainment atmosphere.
- Experience managing a high volume operation.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Budgeting, forecasting, sales experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.