To construct and organize, existing and new data, in information systems and perform analysis of these data to provide accurate and timely information to support strategic planning, payer relations and business development.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in provider or third party financial modeling and analysis, contract negotiation, and contract management role required.
- Minimum of five years of experience with business intelligence platforms such as Business Objects, Xcelsius, Cognos, Cogito, Strata and advanced skills in Microsoft Access and Excel required.
- Bachelor's degree in management information systems, business administration, computer science, finance, health care administration or related field required.
- Ability to work with senior level executive teams in facilitating the overall strategic planning process and interpreting and translating broad requests and questions into meaningful trends, recommendations, and new business insight required.
- Ability to technically extract data, apply proven analytical skills against many different kinds of data sets and samples of data sets to identify, comprehend, and clearly present health care and population-based information required.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and execute work independently and effectively within frequent deadlines required.
- Comfort level to manage shifting priorities and the ambiguity of change required.
- Ability to ensure accuracy on all work products with the utmost reliability required.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required.
- Understanding of hospital and physician financial operations required.
- Thorough knowledge of managed care, medical insurance principals, third party payer
contracting, and marketing of health care services required.
- Ability to interact with internal and external executives, physicians, attorneys, brokers, operational staff, patients, and other individuals with precise, concise, and prudent oral and written communication with effective listening skills required.
- Possess the confidence needed to make decisions in challenging situations required.
- Thorough experience in developing and using reimbursement models for accurate and
pertinent analysis of hospital and physician contract proposals preferred.
- Experience in a health care environment with familiarity with medical terminology or health care metrics preferred.
- Experience with health care strategic intelligence systems such as Advisory Board Company Crimson Market Advantage, Thomson Reuters Market Expert or Sg2Experience with mapping software such as GMaps, MapPoint or ArcGIS preferred.
- Experience with Tableau and report writers (Crystal Reports) preferred.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, R code and/or other programming languages preferred.
- Master's degree in business administration preferred.
- Knowledge of statistics preferred.
- Working knowledge of SQL database management preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred.
- Ability to develop consensus among diverse physician and hospital constituents in order to develop cohesive market strategies preferred.
- Maturity and sound judgment to apply broad knowledge, vast experience and strong intellect in order to effectively handle ambiguity and address complex situations preferred.