Job Title: Applied Controls Engineering Services
Location: Columbus, Indiana
Duration: 16 Months
Start date: Immediate
Key words: Diesel Engine Control System, Matlab, Simulink, Programming in C, Testing,
· Understanding of classical control theory for Automotive applications
· Knowledge of statistics and statistical concepts of mean, standard deviation, ANOVA, etc...
· Experience of Failure Modes Effects Tests
· Ability to problem solve
· Experience with Matlab and Simulink.
· Experience with programming in C or other imperative and procedural languages.
· Understanding of mechanical systems, especially fuel systems of Diesel Engines.
· Good communicator -- written and verbal
ExperienceRequired: Automotive, Diesel Engine Fuel Systems Controls Engineering
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop a detailed understanding of how fuel systems embedded software controls a high pressure common rail fuel system.
· Responsible for troubleshooting issues and tuning of a high pressure common rail fuel system on various Cummins engines.
· Submit PRCR’s to document software issues.
· Create and maintain tuning procedures for group’s components
· Run FMET(s) (Failure Modes Effects Tests) on bench and vehicles.
· Perform testing on benches, fuel system rigs, test cells and vehicles to assure the fuel systems software is functioning properly and/or to duplicate problems found by customers.
Education: Bachelor of Science or equivalent degree in engineeringrequired. Mechanical engineering with controls focus preferre