· Translate business requirements into technical specifications
· Work closely with business and technical teams on the product from initial analysis through implementation
· Develop and maintain Java/J2EE applications in the development and test environments with minimal supervision from the Senior Software Engineering Staff.
- Develop updates, corrections, or enhancements including Business Logic in Java & SQL.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for external J2EE technologies which could enhance and improve products to meet business needs.
- Work with Operations Team on Application Deployment Issues.
- Integrate with other technologies using Web Services, EDI, XML, SQL, and Siebel OM Calls.
Required skills and experience:
· Hands-on experience with Java 1.7 or higher and Spring framework
· Hands- on experience with relational databases
· Hands-on experience with automated testing, continuous integration and automated deployments
· Ability to innovate and present new ideas/solutions
· Ability to work collaboratively
· Experience and strong preference for Agile development
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Java 1.8
· Apache Maven
· Experience with Linux
· NoSQL databases
· Storm, Couchbase, Hadoop
· DevOps experience
· Hands-on experience with messaging technologies e.g. RabbitMQ and Kafka
· API design and development
· Experience working with AWS
· Experience working with Jenkins or TravisCI