Salary depends on experience
Posted on 07/29/17 by Ritika Prakash
Less than 5 years experience
Health & Beauty
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 07/29/17 Ritika Prakash
Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Mason OH 45040
Work Schedule: 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Primary Responsibilities Include The Accounting, Forecasting, And Internal Reporting For All Inventory-Related Balance Sheet And Select Income Statement Accounts For Retail, Wholesale And Distribution Entities.
- In Addition To Performing Traditional Accounting Activities, This Team Provides Subject-Matter Expertise To Brand/Corporate Initiatives, Including, Among Other Things, New System Implementations, As Well As Prepares Various Reports And Analyses For Management And Other Departments Within The Company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all assigned month-end duties, including journal entries, account reconciliations and otherreporting schedules.
- Leverage system knowledge to prepare analyses to support management initiatives and audit requests.
- Accurately estimate and calculate capitalizations and reserves for month end close.
- Prepare with quarterly inventoryforecasting and monthly cost of merchandise variance analysis.
- Provide subject matter expertise for inventory-related matters on projects and in support of other departments including, but not limited to, Finance, Field Management, Loss Prevention, Payables, Product Group, SalesAudit, Store Operations, Distribution Centers and LOM.
- Perform analytical reviews for inventory-related General Ledger accounts.
- Maintain proper Internal Controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Assist in special projects as requested by management.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven Accounting Experience
- Strong Analytical/Problem Solving Skills
- Intermediate To Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Strong Verbal And Written Communication Skills
- Solid Organizational And Multi-Tasking Skills
- Ability To Learn New Systems Quickly
- Knowledge Of SAP, JDA, HFM A Plus
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to be a self-starter, taking the initiative to solve problems/pursue business opportunities.
- Demonstrates the ability and desire to successfully accomplish personal and business goals.
- Makes sound business decisions and acts with integrity
- Effectively manages personal time and effort to achieve necessary administrative tasks.
- Challenges the process – constructively challenges the process and takes the initiative to search for opportunities to grow, improve and innovate.
- Demonstrates leadership skills through ownership of projects and proactive support/development of staff accountants.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- MBA or CPApreferred
- 3-5years of relevant experience
Specific Skills Needed:
- Excel required, Essbase (Preferred)
- SAP is highly recommended.