Data Intensity is an industry leader in analytics, business intelligence, and managed and cloud services for enterprise application and data management. We combine best-of-breed technology, world-class services, a flexible business model, and deep rooted expertise gained from hundreds of successful deployments to uniquely and cost-effectively support the full scope of a customer’s enterprise data lifecycle.
The QA Analyst Consultant's primary role is to test custom-developed software applications ensuring adherence to the defined requirements and design specifications. In this client facing role, the QA Analyst Consultant is responsible for performing system, integration, security, performance, regression, and release testing. This role also supports user acceptance testing (UAT). The QA Analyst Consultant’s role requires strong communication skills and collaboration with various roles within client engagements throughout the application development lifecycle including business analysts, solution architects, developers, management, and the end-user community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all testing activities including system, integration, security, performance, and release testing
- Creates, maintains and executes automated test scripts (depending on the client assignment).
- Analyzes and compares test results with requirements to verify test requirements
- Identifies defects and recommends corrective action
- Documents defects in a detailed, understandable and reproducible manner - working closely with the business analysts, solution architects, and development team
- Tracks defects through to closure
- Helps to develop quality assurance best practices that promote the elimination or reduction of software defects
- Takes an active role in developing and disseminating internal QA standards and best practices
- Uses technical tools to find, identify and diagnose software defects
- Participates in verification reviews and performs gap analysis
- Authors software release notes and other supporting documentation
- Supports user acceptance and beta testing
- Provides regular progress reports on test results
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Understanding of application development concepts and the software development life cycle using waterfall, iterative and/or agile methods
- Participates in all stages of quality assurance - planning, requirements traceability, systems, integration, security, performance, regression, user acceptance, production release.
- Defining test strategies, planning, and test execution
- Writing test cases, creating test results reporting, executing and tracking testing assignments
- Supports User Acceptance Testing for clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Interacts effectively with peers, management and cross-functional teams
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced team
- Capability to actively participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Professional Services experiencepreferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in testing and defect tracking tools (e.g., TFS, etc.)
- Experience with automated testing tools preferred
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and use SQL development tools (e.g., Toad, SQL Server Management Studio, etc.) to verify data preferred
- Knowledge of BI reporting tools (e.g., SAP Business Objects, Oracle BI, MicroStrategy, etc.) preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.