Service Sales Eng ineer
5 - 7 years experience • Energy / Oil & Gas
Great Opportunity Upper Midwest Service Sales!
The Service Sales Engineer obtains assigned bookings and acts as the principal customer interface and advocate for aftermarket products and services. This includes but is not limited to the following rotating equipment: pumps, steam turbines, compressors, gear box, expanders, etc. Acquires skills and experience in various repair procedures. Identifies potential markets currently not being penetrated, for future sales.
Position level and salary will be determined by commensurate experience.
- Obtain assigned bookings on aftermarket products and services to ensure budgeted sales revenue.
- Develop existing customers, pursuing both traditional and non-traditional products.
- Identify and contact new customers to further expand sales base and revenue potential. This includes, but is not limited to, face-to-face calls, phone contact, cold calls, trade show participation, prospecting, etc.
- Daily maintenance of CRM program, documenting customer opportunities, contacts, and disposition of existing opportunities from inquiry to order.
- Weekly planning through CRM calendar updating previous week’s activities and highlighting next week’s activities.
- Manage time and expenses to ensure coverage of key revenue sources while pursuing new target areas.
- Assist and collaborate with key inside personnel to prepare and submit proposals.
- Negotiate commercial terms of sale.
- As principal customer interface, advise management of changing customer market requirements.
- Complete monthly market opportunity forecast.
- Recommend actions to counter or take advantage of a competitor's position, i.e. price, lead time, or product differentiation related needs.
- Submit annual analysis of sales territory.
- Complete special projects as assigned by sales or marketing management.
- Acquire skills and experience in various repair procedures and techniques to maintain appropriate level of expertise and facilitate continued sales.
- Act as customer advocate in matters involving communication of requirements and execution of responsibilities. Examples include: Monitor schedule of key orders to insure on-time completion. Provide feedback loop to Jeannette and/or shop(s) on any quality related problems.
- Develop an understanding of Elliott policies and procedures, especially its organization and personnel.
- Technical degreepreferred. Minimum of 5-10years of industry-related experience.
- Thorough technical knowledge of rotating mechanical equipment design, operation, application, and maintenance.
- Mechanical aptitude and intuition.
- A thorough commercial knowledge of assigned industries and overview of typical processes.
- Field sales, service representative, market or application experience in rotating equipment or related industry.
- Repair techniques and maintenance procedure updates useful.
- The ability to translate technical knowledge and skills into saleable ideas and proposals.
- The ability to communicate quickly, clearly, forcefully and tactfully with customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate with craft labor and business professionals.
Travel is estimated at 50% domestic with overnight stays.
Territory: Midwestern US (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Upper Peninsula of Michigan).
This is a remote position with the discretion to use the Chicago Service Center in Crown Point, IN.