The Executive Director is accountable for operational oversight of the Senior Living Community in a manner that optimizes provision of care and services for the resident. Sets the business strategy, mission, vision and values of the organization. Builds a Senior Management team that will fulfill the Mission of Cornerstone Healthcare Group and successfully meet strategic, operational and programmatic goals approved by the Governing Board. Responsible for creating the culture of the organization. Supporting employee and resident education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to facilitate health.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assists with managing occupancy and monthly financial performance for the property.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all residents, resident family members, employees, and the business community.
- Responsible for all operations, acting as contact for all staff,residents, prospects, community organizations, government agencies and the public.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates all department heads, supervisors and staff. Maintains superior training and morale. Ensures training programs are effectively executed.
- Maintains high degree of resident satisfaction and retention through consistent delivery of high quality services. Provides leadership for staff and residents to include pro-actively solvingproblems and resolving issues.Administers annual resident satisfaction survey.
- Maintains budget accountability, aggressively anticipates and minimizes negative budget variances and deficits. Meets and exceeds budget occupancy goals for the property. Continually explores means of revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Assists with the hiring, training, and discipline of associates in accordance with company policies. Reviews hires, promotions, disciplinary actions and termination of employment of associates with attention paid to consistency in the selection and retention of quality personnel.
- Ensures buildings, grounds and property are up to company standards through the oversight of preventative maintenance systems and programs, and frequent inspections that meet company standards of excellence.
- Develops and maintains a positive image with community. Becomes active in social and civic affairs of the local community. Represents the facility and the company to governmental agencies, professional organizations, community groups and other appropriate public agencies/groups.
- Keeps current on competitive projects and programs in the market place.
- Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems.
- Ability to project a professional image
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Current knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations that apply to Senior Living facilities
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations
- Proven skills in hiring, training, evaluating, motivating, and disciplining staff
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Administrator or Director's certificate appropriate to local state requirements
- Three to five years in senior living, hospitality, or healthcare experiencepreferred
- Knowledge of nursing theory and standards of practice
- Experience managing staff.
Job ID 2017-6663