Ethics & Compliance Manager, America's is responsible for managing Tech Data’s Ethics and Compliance program for Tech data's America's region, and for implementing policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that management and employees understand and adhere to legal and regulatory requirements, Tech Data’s Code of Conduct and related policies. This role is responsible for assisting with monitoring compliance with these requirements and the development of related reporting on the effectiveness of Tech Data’s ethics and compliance program and specific compliance matters. This manager reports to the Director, Ethics and Compliance Officer America's.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Maintains and updates Tech Data’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Identifies potential risk areas, deficiencies in current compliance related practices and assists with developing appropriate program modifications and related activities to prevent and discover illegal or unethical conduct
- Provides guidance to employees on ethics and compliance matters
- Collaborates with other corporate functions, such as Corporate Security, the Legal Department and Human Resources and other business units in the internal investigation process, raising awareness of Tech Data’s ethics and compliance program, and ensuring appropriate accountability
- Assists in responding to suspected violations of the Code of Conduct and related policies by managing and conducting investigations of such violations and recommending corrective actions as appropriate
- Reports on the operation and status of Tech Data’s ethics and compliance program
- Supports the management of the “Tech Data Ethics Line”
- Provides education and training to employees related to the Code of Conduct and compliance related policies
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of systems and Company programs to address defined compliance risk areas
- Implements, manages and enhances Tech Data’s anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance program, including due diligence policies and procedures
- Maintains records with respect to the compliance and/or regulatory program(s)
- Assesses and monitors changes in all relevant laws, regulations and rules
- Supports the continuous evaluation of the effectiveness of Tech Data’s Ethics and Compliance Program
- Oversees and manages Regional Ethics Advisors and Ethics Advisors, including onboarding, training and mentoring
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
- 5 to 8Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
- Master's / Postgraduate Degree with Lawdegree, MBA, Accounting Field of Study preferred.
- Bachelor's Degreerequired.
Other Education / Certifications:
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional ("CCEP" or CCEP-I") designation preferred.
- Certified Fraud Examiner a strong plus
- Experience in the implementation and management of compliance programs in the practice of regulatory compliance, enforcement, compliance auditing or forensics.
- Multi-national corporation, government, international law firm or consulting firm preferred.
- Fluency of English and Spanish required (America's, with Portugese preferred).
- Professional, office environment.
- Frequent Travel (domestic & international) Required (25%).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.