The role will support IRI’s Consumer and Shopper Marketing’s (CSM) Shopper Analytics practice area, a dynamic and fast-growing team within the business. CSM Shopper Analytics offers a wide range of shopper expertise to retailers—from Survey and Segmentation to Shopper Insights and Analytics, from Shopper Targeting and Activation to Shopper-Focused Collaboration between retailers and manufacturers. Shopper Analytics’ Vision is to be “Everything Shopper” for retailers,the incontestable authority of retailer shopper analytics. As a consequence of our expertise and strong partnerships with key retailers and manufacturers, CSM Shopper Analytics practice area revenue has been growing at +25% compound annual growth rate for the past six years, doubling our business revenue twice. As we further deepen our relationship with retailers, Shopper Analytics has a need for consultants with a strong foundation in shopper analytics and retailexperience, including primary research development, quantitative modeling, project management, and client support.
At this time, CSM Shopper Analytics is looking for an experienced Survey and Shopper Analytics Consultant with expertise in marketing, survey research methods, segmentation development, advanced analytics, and project management. He or she is expected to design questionnaires, manage all aspects of execution, and conduct analysis to deliver insights from survey research, always keeping the client’s business issues in mind. Strong experience in a range of quantitative study design methods (including A&U, attitudinal segmentation, and concept testing) is key, using creativity and research expertise to develop solid approaches to addressing client issues. The person is also expected to support Shopper Analytics projects that leverage IRI point of sale, national consumer panel (NCP), and client loyalty data. Furthermore, the Consultant will work cross functionally with our core Survey and Segmentation team in CSM who manage all products and best practices for CSM
The position requires a focus on client service, thinking on your feet, having a quantitative mind set, and a strong detail orientation. You will ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy across the project milestones and deliver insights to help the client drive their business forward.
- Study design to address client issues, leveraging IRI NCP data and other sources
- Act as survey expert with internal and external clients
- Support sales team in feasibility analysis and scoping projects
- Write questionnaires that will answer client’s business questions
- Extract IRI or client data, build models and provide insights
- Manage various third-party vendors to execute studies
- Create issue-focused analysis presentations
- Mentor and manage junior team members
- BA, BS or MBA in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience, preferably including3-5+ years of focused experience in survey research
- ExcellentQuestionnaire writing skills and Sample Design skills
- Excellent analytical skills, including expertise with survey analytics specifically.
- Ideal candidate would have 2+ years of hands on experience in predictive modeling, SAS, R, and SQL
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with research on Consumer Panels is a plus
- Experience with research in the Consumer Packaged Goods/Retail industry is a plus
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
Position Id 2017-270