EHS Specialist responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining environmental, health, and safety programs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements that will result in reducing risk and eliminating injuries, illnesses, and environmental incidents, and ensures the location operates in a manner that complies with applicable laws and regulations, to realize the company’s commitment to social responsibility, including providing a safe workplace and protecting the environment.
· In cooperation with the EHS Manager develops the annual EHS plan and A3 in alignment with the corporate EHS strategy and objectives. Identifies and interprets applicable environmental regulations.
- Performs inspections and tests to verify compliance.
- Identifies existing and potential environmental problems.
- Participates in developing corrective measures.
- Develops procedures to assure continuing compliance with regulations and organization standards.
- Contributes to governmental reports and may interface with external agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the organization's operations.
- Develops, implements, and maintains programs and procedures consistent with EHS and AMS requirements.
- Collects performance data, analyse results, and prepare reports for location management.
- Provides expert advice and recommendations to location management and employees on EHS activities and issues.
- Assists location management and employees to identify issues and develop and implement preventive or corrective actions.
- Prepares governmental reports and participates in representation with outside agencies.
- Identifies and evaluates health and safety risks and environmental impacts for significance.
- Recommends and assists in the development of operational controls to reduce or eliminate significant risks and impacts.
- Participates in incident investigations, evaluate root causes, and identify corrective or preventive actions.
- Report incidents and near misses using the IMPACT system
- Communicates relevant EHS information to location management and employees.
- Prepares and presents EHS training material on EHS requirements, roles and responsibilities, programs, and procedures for new employees and refresher training for existing employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Safety & Health, Chemical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or closely related degreerequired.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the EHS field within production environment.
- Demonstrative understanding of site regulatory compliance requirements and experience managing operating compliance with respect to the Clean Water Act (NPDES, Stormwater), Clean Air Act (Title V Permit), and RCRA (Large Quantity Generator Requirements, Part A & B Hazardous Waste Permit, Universal Waste, Used Oil, HSWA Corrective Action).
- Technical/Regulatory proficiency focused on at least one media (Air, Water, or Waste) a plus.
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER and up to date8-hour refresher training a plus.
- MSHA experiencepreferred.
- Excellent coach and motivator of people; inspires by example, unwavering commitment to compliance.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with bias for action balanced with consensus building abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional environment, providing leadership and coaching to individuals within and outside of the EHS organization at all working levels.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and provide real time reporting on status and progress.
- Strong analytical skills; able to use data, communicate key trends, develop and execute continuous safety improvement plans.