- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the MS-DRG system, CCs/MCCs, impact on quality, and CMI as well as ICD-10 coding systems and the guidelines related to Clinical Documentation Improvement. Serves as a resource for the Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDS) team, for any of the above.
- Oversees second level chart review processes to ensure appropriate documentation to support PSI/HAC diagnoses, most appropriate principle diagnosis, DRG and POA assignment, and completeness of all supporting documentation.
- Works collaboratively with the CMO office, Other Departments, Other Physician Leaders/Liaisons and other resources to clarify and/or otherwise improve documentation in order to accurately support diagnosis and quality indicators for care rendered to patients.
- Develops policies and procedures to support best practices for CDI program and clinical documentation staff. Ensures all compliance and regulatory standards are met.
Job ID: 1144366