IT Lead Support Analyst - End User Services
5 - 7 years experience • Health & Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
Ulta Beauty Information Systems Team is currently seeking a Lead Support Analyst for their Distribution Center team in Fresno, CA. The Lead Support Analyst will be a member of a talented, geographically dispersed support team. This team member will provide technical support across a wide range of technologies for office and floor associates in ULTA’s fast-paced distribution center environment supporting end user hardware, software, RF and printer technology at the distribution center.
CORE JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops procedures and documentation for applications support. Advises on application security, licensing, upgrades, backups, and disaster recovery needs.
· Reviews and maintains the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques.
· Identifies and carries out the administration of IT assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorized assets and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location. Acts to highlight and resolve potential instances of unauthorized assets such as unlicensed copies of software.
· Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
· Manages the prioritization and diagnosis of incidents according to agreed procedures. Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution. Manages the escalation of unresolved incidents. Coordinates recovery, following resolution of incidents. Manages the documentation and closure of resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
· Carries out agreed operational infrastructure procedures, including configuration, installation and maintenance. Contributes to maintenance, installation and problem resolution. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out defined requirements.
· Assists in investigation and resolution of network problems. Assists with specified maintenance procedures.
· Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
· Uses system management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed system software maintenance tasks. Prepares and maintains operational documentation for system software.
· Undertakes routine installations and de-installations of items of hardware and/or software. Takes action to ensure targets are met within established safety and quality procedures, including, where appropriate, handover to the client. Conducts tests of hardware and/or software using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. Corrects malfunctions, calling on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required. Documents details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated. Develops installation procedures and standards, and schedules installation work. Provides specialist guidance and advice to less experienced colleagues to ensure best use is made of available assets, and to maintain or improve the installation service.
· Liaises as the routine contact point, receiving and handling requests for support. Carries out a broad range of service requests for support by providing information to fulfill requests or enable resolution. Investigates in order to provide diagnosis and allocates unresolved issues as appropriate. Contributes to creation of support documentation.
· Provides guidance in defining access rights and privileges.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related discipline or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of experience in a PC support role
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Emphasis on customer service
· Advanced knowledge of RF scanner and printer technology
· Working knowledge of wired and wireless network technologies
· Hands-on experience supporting Zebra, Honeywell, HP hardware and other Intel based-hardware platforms
· Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners
· Previous team leadership experience preferred
PREFERRED OR SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Long periods of standing and/or walking
· Ability to operate scissor lifts, boom lifts and other miscellaneous heavy equipment
· Ability to navigate ladders and stairs
· Ability to lift 35 pounds
- Normal office demands
- Higher and lower than normal operating temperatures within distribution center
- Off-Hours support including on-call rotation participation require
- Minimal travel required to trainings/conferences