Job ID: TS20171810-41821
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst III for our Aerospace Structures team in our Clearfield, UT facilities.
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for supporting our Aerospace Structures Commercial business programs. This position will work very closely with programmanagement, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Analyze production costs weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis
- Working knowledge and application of accounting principles, scheduling, proposal process, government financial reporting with general knowledge of government contracts, procurement regulations and Earned Value Management a plus.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting or related with Nine (9) years of experience; or a MS in Finance, Accounting, an MBA or related with 5 years of experience
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and/or Cobra
- Experience with budget development, variance analysis, estimates to complete, cost performance reports, and cost schedule status reports in an integrated product team environment is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail- oriented
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related