Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop strong relationships with BB&T Market Presidents, Business Services Officers, Regional Corporate Bankers and other business development professionals in the BB&T system for referrals, joint calls and closed sales.
2. Research and organize the firm’s existing business clients. Generate prospects which coincide with existing client base, and generate referrals from this base. Create a calling plan to take advantage of travel efficiencies. Travel 60% in these areas.
3. Assist in the training of less experienced sales officers through coaching, joint calls, and working clients in a partnership capacity; keeping Sales and Marketing Manager informed of less experienced sales officers’ progress.
4. Make a minimum number of sales contacts per month, not including BB&T relationship development calls, in market area to generate new prospects outside of BB&T referrals.
5. Complete regular administrative requirements, such as call reports, activity reports, proposals, etc. Attend monthly sales meetings and other meetings as necessary.
6. Conduct sales meetings in Sales and Marketing Manager’s absence.
7. Meet monthly sales goals as determined by Sales and Marketing Manager.
8. Work closely with consultants to make appropriate client/consultant matches. Partner with consultants to accurately define customer needs.
9. Develop sales-appropriate expertise in the business of the firm.
10. Identify marketing opportunities and communicate to Marketing Manager/Coordinator.
11. Responsible for other duties as assigned by management
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of proven success in sales and/or human resources
3. Strong sales personality profile
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Exceptional creativity and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and excite othersales officers on a regular basis
6. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
7. High customer-focus with excellent follow-up skills
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Graduate degree
2. Human Resources and Psychology related studies
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.