- · Administration/support of ORIEN Avatar Molecular Data Access Portal including development and management of appropriate file/folder structures, scripts, automation to support customer needs.
- · Administration, configuration, and support of ORIEN Avatar Informatics Modules.
- · Release coordination and management of ORIEN Avatar Informatics Solution.
The Ideal Candidate:
- · Familiarity with next-generation sequencing concepts and data types.
- · Willingness and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- · Possess and display excellent written and verbal communication skills in all methods of communications to both external and internal end users.
- · Performs software/database development for specific projects with guidance from more senior developers.
- · Collaboratively engage faculty, staff and senior software developers for project initiation, development of scope of work and project rollout.
- · Must maintain accurate and appropriate records of software and database development, core usage and time management.
- · Must be able to perform with adequate supervision and follow project deliverables and timelines.
- · Work on the ongoing production, release and development cycles for M2Gen's Informatics Platform
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Bioinformatics/IT related field.
- Background in information systems/IT required and prior experience with next generation sequencing data is preferred
- · 2-3 years' experience scripting (Python, Bash, or similar)
- · 2-3 years OS support (Unix, Windows, Lunix)
- · 2-3 years' experience in application administration including user administration, release management, user support)
- · Java, C++ experience a plus
· Excellent SQL/database development and optimization background strongly preferred.