We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This Director – Business Operations is responsible for the direction and administration of business and finance aspects of the clinical studies division Mercy Research. Under the direction of the Executive Director for Mercy Research, the Director – Business will provide leadership to Mercy Research and manage the financial, data, recruitment, research coding/billing and other related back-office support teams within Mercy Research.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- RequiredEducation: Bachelor's degree
- RequiredExperience: 8years of people and project management in a progressive healthcare provider or industry leader environment with finance, accounting experience and/or business operations research experience; demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- PreferredEducation: MBA or similar Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Organizational Leadership
PreferredExperience: Five+ years of clinical research business operations leadership experience
Preferred Certifications: Certified Public Accountant
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. ModernHealthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
- High level of professionalism, energy and enthusiasm
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed and exercises independent thinking and judgment in the absence of established protocols and procedures
- Self-starter who enjoys creating and innovating in a hands-on manner, adapting quickly to any situation
- Vision that helps identify industry problems and natural solutions that will yield business opportunities
- Enjoys being accountable and willing to hold others accountable
- Strong organizational, motivational and collaborative management style based on compassion, integrity, and trust
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged in an open and collaborative style
- Ability to convey concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals
- Participate in strategic planning to grow business
- The ability to manage budget and personnel with fiscally stable approach
- Possess strong communication skills with an appreciation for interdepartmental communications and confidentiality
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Write and present proposals and executive-level presentations
- Strong team player and ability to work in matrix environment
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Brings a big-picture perspective - the ability to see how all the pieces fit together and contribute to the achievement of broader organizational objectives
- Application of project and portfolio management systems and processes
- Strong technical aptitude
- Experience managing clinical research or other clinical specialty within a regulated environment
- Ability to cultivate strong customer relationships
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within their team
- Moderate computer skills including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proven ability to influence
- Strong business acumen and judgment and ability to understand competitive threats and positioning
- Strong negotiating skills with demonstrated experience writing proposals and closing clinical research agreements with Sponsors/CROs or other entity
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.